Wednesday 26 January 2011

What to make?

My health has been restored. You forget how debilitating flu is. I am still trying to get through the piles of washing that mounted whilst I was on my death bed for 10 days! I even had 3 days off sick from work. They were ok about it actually, but I know they were busy and the shift was short. I got no end of digs when I got back about being ill on the weekend night shifts.

My sewing machine did get a work out, as I started to recover. I finished of the bunting that I made for H's room ages ago. He has some on one wall, but I still had loads of flags left, so I finished another row. His bedroom is so big it needs the decoration. I made him some curtains, they are ok, but needed to be wider! Silly me. I have nearly finished his room so I will put some pictures up. I need to make some wall decorations. I want to make a fabric number wall hanging and some applique pictures- red buses I was thinking. Bit stuck on how to start!

I have made a list of the next load of things I want to make, I keep buying fabric with no purpose! I want a fabric beach hut wall hanging for the bathroom. I am obsessed with beach huts! I want one. I want some funky bunting for my sewing area, and I want to make some door stops. I have seen other people make them and they look fab. I am going to work out how to do them, or if anyone has a tutorial!

This afternoon I need to collect 6 farmhouse chairs! I won them on ebay for the starting bid price, so I am well chuffed. I am going to paint them bright colours, thinking a pink, green, yellow, lilac, I already have blue, red & white, thinking maybe some pastel beach hut colours for these!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hi Aimee,
Thankyou ever so much for telling me that I had spelt Helens name wrong!!
So glad you are feeling better as well, It is not nice is it? and not a great way to start off the year.
Keep well,
Andrea x

background